Monday, January 25, 2016



Why Tell a Story?

You hear it all the time.  Nonprofits need to tell their story.  What does that really mean?  How?  To whom?  When and where? And, why is it important?

~Tell me a fact and I will learn.
~Tell me the truth and I will believe.
~Tell me a story and it will live in my heart forever.

Stories are important because you want people to truly understand the impact of your work; to believe in their heart that the work you do is vital.  Not only vital, but with their help it’s doable.  Stories are how we get there.  Stories are the currency of relationships and trust.  They allow us to listen better, understand more and feel empathy.  They help our listeners connect the dots and take action.  Because, after all, it’s their action we’re really seeking, isn’t it?

How can you craft a story that will live in your stakeholder’s hearts forever?  Join your colleagues on May 13 in Richmond, Virginia to learn more about how to transform your organization’s future through effective storytelling at Alchemy 2016:  A National Storytelling Conference for Nonprofits.  Learn more and register to attend here.

No comments:

Post a Comment